The construction market has been replenished with new finishing materials that perfectly imitate natural stone. Ground stone siding (limestone, granite, sandstone, dolomite), which has gained wide popularity among developers, owners of private houses and cottages, most often represented by collections of "rocky stone" and "rubble stone." Inexpensive decorative material is available to every consumer, with its help it became much easier and cheaper to veneer the outer walls of a building. What features has a decorative finishing material?
Types of ground stone siding
The side covering is an original decorative finish for the base. The wild stone siding is made of various materials, therefore the characteristics of the composite vary, and this must be considered when choosing front siding for stone. It is necessary to consider each type separately, which will help in the future to make the right choice of cladding for exterior decoration.
The most popular and well-selling vinyl siding under stone. For the manufacture of polyvinyl chloride is used improved characteristics, which contain numerous additives that increase wear resistance.
The popularity of vinyl veneer is influenced by several factors:
- Light weight plastic siding, which does not create an additional load on the foundation and walls.
- The greater thickness compared to other PVC analogues is 3 mm.
- Resistant to mechanical damage.
- Good protection from UV rays, which makes the appearance of the lining unchanged throughout the entire operational period.
Vinyl siding in the "stone" version - this is the best solution for facing the basement. In a short period and regardless of weather conditions, a large amount of work is performed. In addition, you have to invest significantly less cash.
Facing vinyl stone siding is lightweight, so it can be used for dilapidated buildings, which will make them not only attractive from the outside, but also more resistant to weathering.
The metal siding under a stone from galvanized steel, aluminum and zinc is made. The most common is the first option, as it has excellent performance and low price. Before galvanized sheets get the desired shape, and the texture of natural stones will be stamped on them, the metal surface is covered with a protective polymer layer that well withstands the external adverse effects of atmospheric phenomena and prevents the formation of corrosion.
The main advantages over vinyl analogs are:
- Resistance to temperature changes;
- High fire safety.
In contrast to vinyl siding, the “wild stone” in the metallic version does not have such attractiveness, since there is no real transfer of the embossed texture in it. Although from a distance it impresses with its presentable appearance, but this is not the only drawback for the finishing material. A significant disadvantage is the inability to perform the fit, as the products of many manufacturers can not be cut.
A special place among the varieties of finishing basement siding takes fibrosiding. For its manufacture used high quality cement. Strengthening the form is carried out using cellulose and fiberglass polymers. This is the best imitation of a wild stone: the drawing is clearly displayed on the panels, and it is very difficult to distinguish them from natural samples.
The advantages of fibropanels include:
- High wear resistance;
- Impact resistance;
- Sufficient thickness - from 8 to 35 mm;
- Resistance to low and high temperatures;
- A variety of colors and textures;
- The presence of the polymer layer, which provides reliable protection against excessive moisture and enhances non-flammability.
However, there are drawbacks to fibropanels, their weight is much greater than that of metal-siding and vinyl analogs. House trim is performed by a team of at least two people.
Features of decorative panels
The most common and popular types of siding under stone:
- Dolomite finish is distinguished by light lime and sandy shades and looks very natural.
- The rocky stone is able to satisfy the needs of numerous consumers. With the help of such panels an attractive relief of the basement is created that is no different from manual work. Imitation rocky stone is presented in vinyl and fibropanelnom execution. The collection of rocky stone is 5 types of panels that have the following names "Alps", "Tibet", "Altai", "Palmyr", "Caucasus".
- White stone is distinguished by refinement and attractiveness, gives the building a special beauty and originality.
- Rubble stone - the perfect solution for the house and in particular plinth. A distinctive feature of rubble stone are large forms of cobblestones. The color scheme is fully consistent with natural samples. Facing the basement of the house panels in imitation "rubble stone", you can achieve the desired result without much effort.
- Granite siding is suitable not only for the design of the basement of the building, as well as for external and internal wall cladding. The color range varies from light gray to black.
Strengthen the walls and the entire structure of the building can be using granite siding. This is one of the easiest and most inexpensive ways to quickly transform the house, cottage and any other structure.
Advantages of siding socle panels
A large variety of options makes siding under artificial stone indispensable for the design of the facade of the building. The composite is different:
- A variety of design and colors.
- Environmentally friendly raw materials.
- Simple installation, allowing to reduce the timing of the lining.
- The best combination of price and quality.
- Durability and durability. Finished siding under stone will last a long period, during which the base will not lose its beautiful appearance.
Installation of siding panels can be carried out at any time of the year.
Ways of using sading in interior and exterior
The socle siding is a wide range of panels in the most different variations of relief drawings, forms and shades. This variety of varieties is not present in every decorative material. At the same time laying of vinyl and cement panels is performed both on the facade of the buildings and in the premises. The walls can be decorated completely or in separate areas, combining with other modern finishing materials. For example, with smooth plaster looks rocky terrain. Imitation of cobblestones on the basement is combined with the usual siding panels on the facade, but it is not suitable for a small house with a high basement.
There are a lot of variants of combinations, therefore the design of the building must be carefully considered and the best one chosen. The visual separation of the basement part of the building and the wall is optimal, for this you can choose the facing material of different textures or shades. Siding can be veneered hallways, kitchens, halls of hotels and public institutions. The choice of options is always great, the main thing is to find the only correct solution.